What is Steam?
Steam is the ultimate gaming platform! Steam was founded in 1996 by the Valve Corporation. It all started with the release of Half-Life: the first person/sci-fi shooter which has won over 50 international Game of the Year Awards. Later on Valve introduced games like Left 4 Dead and the tremendously popular shooter-game Counter-Strike.Back in the day these games could only be played if you installed Steam.
In the years after Steam grew rapidly and became the most popular online gaming platform among millions of gamers worldwide. A new view on the gaming industry was born…
What can I do with Steam?
Steam is the online channel which Valve uses to serve and reach the international gaming industry. For many gamers Steam is the ‘gateway to heaven’. Steam offers access to more than 1,800 game titles and it connects approximately over 35 million gamers worldwide.
Steam makes it very simple for gamers to buy games online. After a game is bought the game can be played with and against each other and the game can be shared among gamers. Steam also offers the possibility to create communities for products and services. Nowadays Steam is available in 237 countries and can be installed in 21 languages.
What are the benefits of Steam?
Steam is the most popular online web shop when it comes down to buying games! Steam offers many advantages:
- Very attractive discounts – often 90% or more!
- A large and broad range of games.
- Access to your Steam games with Steam Cloud wherever you are.
- Free to play games e.g. Team Fortress 2.
- FREE downloadable demos.
- Easy in usage.
- Steam games are automatically updated.
- Steam makes physical CD/ DVDs unnecessary.
- Support through The Steam Community.
How can I redeem my Steam Wallet Code?
With a Steam Wallet Code, you can add value to your Steam account. A Steam Wallet Code can be activated by following these steps:
1. Go to http://www.steampowered.com/wallet and log in at your Steam account.
Note: If you don’t have a Steam account yet, firstly create a new account!
2. When you have logged in, enter the received Wallet Code at the option ‘Steam Wallet
3. Click ‘Continue’ to redeem the Wallet Code.
4. The value of the Steam Wallet Code will be added to your Steam Wallet account.