What is a shooter game?
Shooter games are possibly the most played games of this moment. Popular games are i.e. Battlefield, Call of Duty, Fortnite and Grand Theft Auto. This genre of computer games focuses mostly on shooting down opponents. Shooters test the speed and reaction time of a player. Although shooter games are often only game modes like Team Deathmatch and Battle Royale, there are also shooters that incorporate a story mode.
A fun element with this genre is that a lot of creativity can be put into weapons, vehicles and characters. Often, these elements can also be customised in many different ways.
What type of shooters are there?
The two most played types of shooter games are first-person and third-person shooters:
- First-person shooter – In this type, the player views the perspective of the main character. You can see your own body only by looking around you.
- Third-person shooter – In contrary to first-person shooters, in this type of shooter you can see your character fully. You experience the surroundings in the third-person perspective. Often, the camera is positioned in one specific spot and you can only see the front of your character by rotating the camera.
Shooters often contain elements from other video game genres. This way, a shooter game can have a lot of action and adventure, like in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, or have a supernatural element like aliens in Prey. Common genres that go well with shooter games are RPG, strategy, survival and casual games.
How do I order a game from Gamecardsdirect?
Ordering a PC game at Gamecardsdirect is really easy. There are just a few steps to follow:
- Add the game of choice to your shopping cart;
- Enter your name and email address;
- Select a payment method and use it to pay for your order;
- The code will be sent to you instantly. You can then redeem the code on Steam!