What is Nintendo Labo?Nintendo Labo is Nintendo’s new product line which allows you to play and build with your Nintendo Switch in a new, interactive way. Nintendo Labo is a fun cardboard expansion for your Nintendo Switch which you can build yourself. When you buy a Nintendo Labo Kit, you receive a building Kit, instructions and the unique Nintendo Labo software. So far Nintendo has announced two Labo Kits: The Variety Kit and the Robot Kit. Using the Variety Kit, you can build five different “Toy-con”:
- A remote-controlled car, which uses the Joy-con’s vibration to move,
- A fishing rod, which uses the Joy-con’s motion sensors to simulate a fishing game,
- A piano, the console is being put on top of this, and can be used as a music stand,
- A motorcycle, using the Joy-con in the handlebars,
- And a little house, containing a slot to insert different components that interact with the game’s software.
There’s also a customization set (€9,99) available for your Toy-con, which allows you to decorate your Toy-con with Nintendo stickers, tape and stencil sheets.