- 2 New areas, Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra;
- Co-op with friends and collect legendary Pokémon;
- A new legendary Pokémon;
- New clothes, items and accessories;
- New trainers and characters.
What is a Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass?
The Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass is a DLC available only in the Nintendo eShop.
The Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass include additional content to continue your adventure. You'll come face to face with new and old Legendary Pokémon along the way, as well as a new co-op feature where you and your friends can catch Legendary Pokémon. The difference between Sword and Shield Expansion Pass is the trainer you train with. With Pokémon Shield, you'll train with Pokemon trainer Avery, a psychic type of user who's out to have his own gym later on (with psychic type Pokémon, of course!).
The Expansion Pass contains two expansions that will be released in the summer and autumn of 2020, the titles of these expansions are The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra.
Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass for one version only
The Pokémon Shield expansion pass is only compatible with Pokémon Shield for the Nintendo Switch. If you're playing Pokémon Sword, choose the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass, making sure you're not buying the wrong expansion pass.
How do I download the Pokémon Sword and Shield DLC?
To access the downloadable content, you'll need the European Nintendo Switch from Pokémon Sword or Shield and, of course, Internet connection. Go to Nintendo eShop where you can redeem the code and then download the Pokémon Shield DLC.
Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass
Your adventure continues with the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, containing new stories to experience, new Pokémon to encounter, and new Wild Areas to explore! You’ll even meet new and returning Legendary Pokémon along the way! The Expansion Pass contains two expansions, releasing in summer 2020 and autumn 2020 respectively.
The following DLC is included:
- The Isle of Armor: Scheduled for release by 30/06/2020
- The Crown Tundra: Scheduled for release by 30/11/2020
When you purchase the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, you’ll receive “Pikachu Uniform” and “Eevee Uniform” as a purchase bonus.
- When you purchase the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, you will receive an email to the address registered on your Nintendo account containing a serial code. Select “Mystery Gift” and “Get with Code/Password” from the in-game menu and enter the serial code.
- “Mystery Gifts” will be displayed in the menu when you visit the first Pokémon Center in the game. (Approximate play time: 1 hour)
- Subscription to Nintendo Switch Online (paid) is not required.
- Only one Pikachu Uniform and Eevee Uniform serial code can be used per save data. Each costume cannot be used for multiple save data.
|ACCESSORY COMPATIBILITY||Nintendo Switch Pro Controller|
|LANGUAGE AVAILABILITY||English, French, Italian, German, Spanish|
|CONSOLE||Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite|
|ORIGINAL SYSTEM||Nintendo Switch|
|MULTIPLAYER MODE||1-4 Players in Online Multiplayer / 2-4 Players in Local Wireless Multiplayer|
|AGE RATINGS||PEGI 7+ / USK 6+|
|COPYRIGHTS||©2019 Pokémon. ©1995-2019 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc.|
Terms and conditions
Nintendo Switch Game download:
- Navigate to Nintendo eShop from the HOME Menu on your Nintendo Switch.
- Click on MENU.
- Please then choose DOWNLOADCODE INSERT.
- enter the download code of sixteen characters and confirm with OKÉ.
You're done, the game will now be downloaded to your Nintendo Switch Console. The download time can vary and depends on your internet connection.